Good afternoon everyone! I got nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by the lovely Erika and Hebah. Please check out both of their blogs, they both have amazing posts that I’m sure you will love.
What is the Blogger Recognition Award?
It is made by bloggers for bloggers. It’s a way to let fellow bloggers know that you recognise and appreciate the hard work that they do.
If you accept the nomination, here are the rules:
- Write a blog post to showcase your award
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Share two general pieces of advice for others
- Nominate 15 other bloggers
- Let your 15 bloggers know that you have nominated them.
So without further ado let’s get started…
How my blog started…
I’ve been blogging since September so just about 3 months approximately. I wanted to start blogging over a year ago but I was too scared and embarrassed to put myself out there. I actually wrote my first ever post on my blog last August in an Uber going to work; however, I was too scared to share it so my blog went nowhere. September this year I finally plucked up the courage to start again, this time trying not to care what negative things people had to say about it. I was pleasantly surprised to find everyone was so supportive of me, even when I first started people on twitter and people I knew in real life were so supportive of me.
The reason why I wanted to blog was that I always loved reading others blogs and watching youtube videos. It inspired me to use blogging as a platform to express my love for makeup and all things beauty.
Advice to new bloggers
- NEVER compare yourself to other bloggers, everyone is unique and has different writing styles. Comparing yourself will only knock your confidence and stop you from fulfilling your potential as a blogger.
- Don’t over work yourself, don’t put too much pressure to post too often. If you’re busy and can only post once a week or less than that, that’s fine! Make sure blogging doesn’t become a chore and you don’t start dreading writing the posts. It should always be fun for you so you can enjoy what you’re writing about. Happy writer = Happy reader.
- simply shaiz
- kris marie
- okami ammy
Thank you for reading this post!
What pieces of advice would YOU give new bloggers? Comment below